Go Smart software
To read a smartcard using smart technology, you will need to download the Go Smart apps.
These apps are updated periodically. If you have internet access from your laptop, you should automatically receive update reminders. If not, please make sure you check for updates regularly.
PCs and Laptops
To read physical cards using the Go Smart PC software, you will need a USB connected smartcard reader, installed with an appropriate driver.
You can purchase a card reader from the supplier recommended by CSCS by clicking here.
To read virtual cards you can use either a handheld QR code scanner or a webcam with the appropriate drivers. More info about how to get started can be found here.
New smart card apps
Thanks to the smart card technology SKILLcard uses, you can now download two new free apps compatible with all smart SKILLcards.
Time and attendance
This simple app allows you to use smart SKILLcards to record details of when workers enter and leave the site by swiping in and out using an NFC (near-field communications) enabled Android smartphone or tablet.
It will provide:
- attendance data, including who was onsite, where, when and for how long
- an evacuation list - invaluable if there is an emergency
On-site Training Recorder
This app makes it easy to keep records of on-site training, site inductions and toolbox talks by using a smart SKILLcard.
Logging training is a simple process:
- Input the details of the training session
- Add the trainer's information by holding their smart card to the back of your Android device
- After the training, hold the attendees' smart cards to the back of your Android device.
You can then email the details to yourself or copy them to your PC when you're back in the office.