2. The Website
2.1. The Website is operated by Engineering Services SKILLcard Ltd (“SKILLcard”) of Old Mansion House, Eamont Bridge, Penrith, Cumbria, CA10 2BX, United Kingdom. SKILLcard will control the information which the user provides on gaining access to the Website or any registration and subsequently during any visit to the Website.
2.2. If you have any questions about the collection or use of your information through the site, you should contact SKILLcard by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the above address and we will deal with your query as promptly as is reasonably practicable.
3. The information we collect and how we use it
3.1. If you register for any services on the Website we may need to know your name, your company name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
3.2. SKILLcard may use your information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information about updates and changes to this site;
- to help improve the content of the Website and the service SKILLcard offers to users of the Website;
- to provide the users with information regarding updates or additional services available from SKILLcard and associated companies;
- to carry out our own demographic research analysis. For this purpose we may combine your information in aggregated form (i.e. anonymous) with information about other users; and
- for internal audit purposes.
3.3 SKILLcard may disclose your information:
- to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of SKILLcard’s personnel, other users and the general public;
- to third parties for marketing and promotional purposes and research and analysis in an aggregated form only, with information about other users;
- to enforce the terms and conditions for use and access of the Website; and
- when required to do so by law.
3.4. SKILLcard will not sell, rent or transfer your information except in an aggregated form to any third party other than BESA (the Building Engineering Services Association, formerly the HVCA) group companies.
4. IP addresses and cookies
4.1. 'Cookies' are small data files sent by a web server to a web browser in order to enable the server to collect information back from the browser. SKILLcard may use 'cookies' to gather information about the user’s use of the website, enable SKILLcard to recognise a returning user and to enable SKILLcard to customise the home page of the site according to users' previous browsing habits at the site.
4.2. You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. You may also be able to set your browser to disable 'cookies'. However, you should be aware that, if you disable 'cookies', this may limit your ability to enjoy the full functionality of the Website.
4.3. We may log and use your Internet Protocol address. We may use this information in conjunction with your personally identifiable information in order to improve our profile of you so that we can provide you with a better and more personal service.
5. How we protect your information
The internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. These include secure offsite hosting of both the application and relational database on a 2x250Gb Raid 1 server protected by a hardware firewall. All usernames and passwords stored on the remote database are encrypted using the latest hash based technologies which prevent decryption to an intelligible format. All inputted data are transferred over the internet using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption/decryption technologies using a certificate issued by the VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA-G2 and such other technologies that are intended to secure and keep private the information we hold.
6. Your consent
7. How to contact SKILLcard
Engineering Services SKILLcard Ltd
Old Mansion House
Telephone: 01768 860406